Fire fighters in Yucca Valley responded to two residential fires this morning and yesterday. About 3:05 this morning, Yucca Valley fire fighters found smoke coming from the front door in a middle unit of a multi-unit residential complex in the 57000 block of Yucca Trail, near the MBTA transfer station. Fire Captain Rick Denison said the resident had been charging a lithium battery for a remote-control car in the wrong type of battery charger, and the battery exploded, starting the fire in the kitchen. Fire fighters were able to knock down the fire quickly, with just minor damage to the home.


About 6:40 last night, fire fighters went to a home in the 6900 block of La Habra Avenue where they found a garage on fire. The residents had stored items too closely to the water heater in the garage and the items caught on fire. The flames spread in to the living room. Captain Denison said the residents closed all the doors in the house, including into the garage, and escaped safely. The garage was destroyed in the fire; and while the structure was saved, it is unlivable due to the utilities being turned off from the fire. Denison added that neither home had working smoke detectors, which could have alerted the residents sooner to the fires.

Leave a Reply

Z107.7 News and requests that you respect this comment section and others by keeping your comments civil and on-topic. We reserve the right to reject or remove any comments with purposely incorrect facts, threatening, abusive, obscene, or defamatory language or innuendos. We will not accept anonymous posting.




You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>