The second Monday of February is the day for most of the monthly distributions of surplus Federal food in the Morongo Basin. Reporter Dan Stork has the times and places…
The Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino will distribute surplus food to low-income residents of the Morongo Basin Monday, February 10. The locations and times are:
• The Church of the Lighted Cross, at 11518 Elbow Lane in Morongo Valley, from 8 to 10;
• Belfield Hall, on Reche Road in Landers, 8:30 to 10:30;
• The Community Center in Yucca Valley, 8:30 to 10:30;
• Copper Mountain Mesa Foundation, 65336 Winter Road in the Copper Mountain area, 9 to 11;
• Joshua Tree Community Center on Sunburst Road, 9 to 11;
• The fire station in Wonder Valley, 11 to 12; and
• Little Church of the Desert at 6079 Adobe Road in Twentynine Palms, from 10 to noon.
There will also be distributions at the Way Station, 61722 Commercial Street in Joshua Tree, on Friday February 14, from 9 to noon; the American Food Bank, 55922 Twentynine Palms Highway in Yucca Valley, on Tuesday February 25 from 11 to 1. Recipients are requested to bring their own paper or plastic bags. For more information, call 909-723-1580.