FIRE SAFETY ADVICE

FIRE SAFETY ADVICE

A fire in Yucca Valley Thursday evening was caused when the residents kept combustible items too close to a water heater in their garage. Flames quickly spread to the items around the water heater. The San Bernardino County Fire Department reminds residents to be aware of fire safety when storing personal items. Appliances such as water heaters, kitchen appliances, and electrical panels should be kept clear of debris and other items that are combustible. A minimum of 18 inches of clearance should be maintained. Always make sure your appliances are in good operational order. In addition, another fire in Yucca Valley was caused by charging lithium-ion batteries in the wrong type of battery charger. The batteries exploded, causing the fire. When re-charging batteries, ensure that the charger is appropriate for the batteries.

Share

Leave a Reply

dialog-information.png
Z107.7 News and kcdzfm.com requests that you respect this comment section and others by keeping your comments civil and on-topic. We reserve the right to reject or remove any comments with purposely incorrect facts, threatening, abusive, obscene, or defamatory language or innuendos. We will not accept anonymous posting.
 

  

  

  

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>