CIGARETTE CAUSES FIRE IN LANDERS HOMESTAD CABIN

CIGARETTE CAUSES FIRE IN LANDERS HOMESTAD CABIN

A cigarette is believed to have caused a fire in the Landers area early this morning. According to County Fire Captain Matt Anderson, a woman who was smoking fell asleep in her chair and started the chair on fire about 2 a.m. in the 1100 block of Balsa   Avenue. It took firefighters from Yucca Mesa, Yucca Valley, and Joshua Tree about 10 minutes to arrive and 10 minutes to get the fire under control. The small homestead cabin is a total loss. While the woman escaped without injury, she told firefighters her three cats were missing. Anderson reminded residents to install working smoke alarms in their homes, adding that there was no smoke alarm in the cabin, nor in the home on Mitch Lane that burned Saturday.

Share

Leave a Reply

dialog-information.png
Z107.7 News and kcdzfm.com requests that you respect this comment section and others by keeping your comments civil and on-topic. We reserve the right to reject or remove any comments with purposely incorrect facts, threatening, abusive, obscene, or defamatory language or innuendos. We will not accept anonymous posting.
 

  

  

  

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>